If you have upgraded to Adobe Reader 11, and are having problems reading FileOpen encrypted files, you will need to install the latest FileOpen plugin from the FileOpen site.
Step 1: We advise that you un-install the old version first.
Step 2: Install the latest FileOpen plugin.
If you are unable to read PDFs using the FileOpen plugin in the Google Chrome browser, this is easy to resolve.
Google Chrome no longer supports Adobe Acrobat for reading PDFs in the browser. Instead, you can update the Site Settings in Google Chrome so that PDFs are downloaded to your desktop, where you can open them using an Adobe Acrobat program.
To update your Site Settings:
1. Click on the menu option (3 vertical dots) in the upper right hand corner of the browser screen
2. Once the menu loads select the “Settings” option
3. On the left hand-side select “Privacy and Security”, to navigate you to that section on the screen
4. Select “Site Settings”
5. Scroll past the sub-header “Content” and click “Additional content settings”
6. Click on “PDF documents”
7. Select the default behavior to be “Download PDFs”
Once you have made this change, you will be able to download Techstreet PDFs using Google Chrome using Adobe Acrobat and the FileOpen plugin.